iNebula Connect: the 100% italian solution to manage the complexity of Internet of Things.
iNebula Connect offers, as a service, a distributed and secure platform built to support «smart object», data gathering, archiving and intelligent distribution.
Thanks to iNebula Connect one can implement high value applications, real time analytics, with a mostly endless scalability over the data gathered by the «smart object.
Application areas for iNebula Connect:
Reliable information makes it possible to intervene in real time in many areas today where we need to act reactively. For example:
- Greater ability of control and governance of complex situations
- Decision analytics based on data collected in real time from sensors in the field
- Process optimization
- Real-time behavior monitoring of marketing phenomena
- Optimization of resource consumption
- Realization of complex systems able to act autonomously
Therefore the need for a new generation of “smart objects” and “business application” which process the vast amount of data produced.
Examples of advanced features offered by the service
- Device Config: the object connectes to the platform and receives the basic configuration parameters.
- Device Access: although “hidden” by a firewall, the object can be contacted and accessed through the platform via a secure VPN, created from the object towards the platform.
- App Config: the application inside the object receives configuration parameters.
- App Update: the application on board the object can be updated automatically by the platform, without human intervention.
- Data Collection and Storage: the data collected from the devices are securely transferred and stored in a Big Data storage
- Analysis and Access: On board the storage itself data may be subject to a first automatic processing to produce derived data. APIs allow access to data and make possible the development of high-level applications quickly and inexpensively
- Device Communication: different communication channels available (Internet, Intranet, WiFi, SMS, 3G/4G…)
iNebula Connect: general structure
Connect database is NoSQL optimized to manage big data:
- Redundant, Replicated, Distributed, highly reliable and scalable
- Data are automatically normalized according to M2M data model
Connect allows Complex Event Processing:
- Continuous Queries per Real-Time Analytics
- Language «Declarative SQL-like»
- Complex Statistical Operations
- Programmable via REST API
- Alerts: SMS, Email, Twitter
- Fully integrated with MQTT, REST, WebSockets
MQTT protocol is used for communications between devices and iNebula Connect platform.
Each smart object can be connected safely through encrypted communication channel:
- iNebula Datacenter is located in Italy, Milan and redundant in Ravenna
- Certification 27001:2013
- Infrastructure is based on redundant physical devices in HA configuration, system-level, network and storage
- Servicses are provided by virtual machines in VMWare environment
- Performance and operational status of all components are monitored h24 by two NOC / SOC
- NOC / SOC handles any error messages and security alerts with a response team capable of preventing cyber attacks and intrusion.
We are Business Partners of The Things Network – Milan to contribute to the creation of a global network dedicated to the Internet of Things. FIND OUT MORE